We love social media, as it means we can engage with you directly live and online – you can say hello and ask us anything you like about our company and your energy account. We want you to be safe and secure online, and so there are a few rules we both need to follow, and standards that we will meet.
Keeping your information secure
We’re happy to talk online, but if you need to give us personal information please don’t post it publicly – we’ll always ask you to contact us privately – by phone, email or private message, and we will remove any post that contains personal or sensitive information. This is because we want to keep your personal information safe.
We’re open to debate and discussion on our pages, but we do monitor and moderate comments and posts. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing and be safe, so if we see the following, we’ll take it down:
- Personal information in a public place – any information about you or another customer that we think is confidential.
- Any statement about Robin Hood Energy, the company, its staff or products, that is false or inaccurate.
- Any abusive, defamatory, offensive, profane, sexual, or hateful posts and content.
- Malicious content, spam, trolling, suspicious links or posts derailing conversation and debate.
- Link baiting i.e. embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site or a competitors site.
- Links to external sites, images or videos, including video uploads.
For minor and single occurrences of the above we’ll say no more about it but if rules are continually broken, or if we consider rule breaks as severe, we reserve the right to block users.
We assume that if you engage with us via any of our social platforms, you are aware of and will comply with the terms and conditions of that site. You are solely responsible for anything you say, upload or link to on our social platforms.
Our social media accounts are monitored Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. If you need to contact us outside of these times you can call us free on 0800 030 4567 (8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday).
Please don’t use our social accounts to contact us if there is an emergency – there are dedicated 24 hour contact lines for gas emergencies and power cuts that will be able to investigate the issue for you as fast as possible.
Content and comments posted by people on our social platforms don’t necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of Robin Hood Energy, or individuals or contractors linked to us. We do everything we can to stop offensive and inappropriate content appearing on our feeds, but if you do come across anything please let us know or report it directly to the social platform. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time without prior notice, and to close down our social media accounts, if needed, at any time.