We’re aware of people door-knocking in the Nottingham area. We don’t door step people, so please make sure you check id’s and be careful what personal information you are asked to disclose.
To keep our people safe we're still running a limited phone service. Our call centre teams are still very busy helping vulnerable customers and those with emergencies like a loss of electricity or gas.
If you’re worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24-hour National Gas emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
To help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, make sure any appliances that burn fuels – including stoves, fires, boilers, and water heaters – are serviced every year by a qualified and registered engineer. It’s always a good idea to use carbon monoxide detectors in your home too.