Matthew James Cowlishaw and Richard Michael Hawes were appointed Joint Administrators of Robin Hood Energy Limited on 05 January 2021. The affairs, business and property of the Company are managed by the Joint Administrators. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Company and contract without personal liability. The Joint Administrators are authorised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. All licensed Insolvency Practitioners of Deloitte LLP are licensed in the UK.

How can I make a complaint?

We work hard to provide an excellent service, so we hope you never have a reason to complain. However, occasionally things go wrong so if you have a problem then please tell us about it as soon as you can and we’ll do our best to put things right quickly.

We take all complaints made to us very seriously. If you make a complaint, we’ll work hard to resolve the problem and use your feedback to improve the way we deliver our services in the future. We’ll also keep you informed throughout the process so you know what’s happening every step of the way.

If your complaint is about a problem with your gas or electricity network then we’ll pass the information on to your network operator as it’s their responsibility to resolve this for you.

Tell us if you’re not happy

If you’re unhappy with our service then please let us know, the sooner we know about it the sooner we can put it right.

Get in touch with us by:

  • Phone: 0800 030 4567
  • Email:
  • Post: Robin Hood Energy, PO Box 10461, Nottingham, NG1 9JS

If you’re still not happy

If you’ve made a complaint, and you’re not happy with the way it’s been resolved, we’ll talk to you about how we can work together to provide a solution that everyone is happy with. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we’re handling your complaint.
We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re satisfied with but if you’re not happy with the outcome, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what’s called a ‘final response’. In your ‘final response’ letter we’ll recap what’s happened, detail what we’ve suggested as a solution, and give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman.

To resolve your complaint we will:

  • Explain what went wrong.
  • Put things right as quickly as we can.
  • Apologise if we’ve made a mistake.
  • Offer compensation, if we feel it’s appropriate. As a not-for-profit company, we are different from other energy suppliers and will only pay compensation where we or our business partners have caused financial harm.

Independent advice

For free, impartial energy advice you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. Citizens Advice can provide advice on getting help paying your energy bills, choosing the right tariff, and comparing energy suppliers. To contact Citizens Advice England call 0808 223 1133 and for Citizens Advice Wales call 0808 223 1144. Calls to this CAB England and Wales cost the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers. Calls to CAB Scotland are free on 0808 800 9060.

You can also visit their website (England and Wales) or (Scotland).

The Energy Ombudsman

If we’ve sent you a final response, or it’s been eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things, the Energy Ombudsman is your next step in the complaints process. The Energy Ombudsman is a free, independent service supporting consumers who wish to complain about energy suppliers.

The Energy Ombudsman will make a decision on your case. You don’t have to accept their decision, but if you do they’ll tell us what we need to do next to support your case. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what’s gone wrong, correct the problem or give you compensation.

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman by:

  • Phone: 0330 440 1624
  • Textphone: 0330 440 1600
  • Fax: 0300 440 1625
  • Email:
  • Post: Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF

To find out more about the Energy Ombudsman, visit

How are we doing?

You can see our latest complaints performance figures here.

How can I contact the Citizens Advice consumer service?

For free, independent, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues you can contact Citizens Advice service using their energy query form. If you would like to get in touch via phone Citizens Advice England can be contacted on 0808 223 1133 and Citizens Advice Wales can be contacted on 0808 223 1144. Phone calls to CAB England and Wales cost the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers. Calls to CAB Scotland are free on 0808 800 9060.

Not found the answer you were looking for?

Please get in touch if you have any queries or complaints, and we will be happy to help you out with the information you need.