We can confirm that the sale of our business to British Gas has now completed. British Gas will start writing to customers from week commencing 21st September inviting them to move across.

We will be here to continue supporting our customers and to make that journey as seamless as possible.

Browse by topic

Bills & payments

What happens if I don’t contact or pay you?

The last thing we want to do is take further action against you, so please contact us as soon as you can. If we don’t hear from you we will: Contact you using the details you have provided. Pass y...

How will my electricity costs be calculated?

All electrical devices have their power measured in watts. For example, a kettle might be 1,500W. To calculate the costs of the power used by an electrical item, the wattage is multiplied by the nu...

How will I be charged for my energy supply?

The energy prices you pay are set out in your tariff, which we’ll send out with your welcome pack. If you’re on a fixed-price tariff, your welcome pack will tell you when the fixed-price term ends...

How do I make sure I’m paying the right amount?

If you send us your meter readings regularly then you’ll only pay for what you use. Submitting readings is really easy to do – just login to your online account or call us on 0800 030 4567 and se...

How often will I get a bill?

Like most energy suppliers we send our bills out quarterly. If you pay a fixed monthly direct debit then your monthly payments are used against the amount of energy you use every quarter. Your mon...

How do the different methods of payment work?

With a monthly fixed Direct Debit, the same amount of money comes out of your bank account on the same day each month. We base this amount on what we know about your energy use, using either the fi...

Paying my bill

There are a few different ways you can pay your bill but the main thing which decides how you pay is what type of meter you have. either a credit meter or a Pay As You Go meter.

I’m having problems paying for my gas and electricity – what can I do?

Firstly, don’t panic. Get in touch with our customer service team as soon as you can so that we can help you. Speak to one of our advisers, free, on 0800 030 4567 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Frid...

How do I change my bank details?

Simple – email us on customerservice@robinhoodenergy.co.uk or call us on 0800 030 4567 with your new details.


If you’re on certain benefits and you’re having trouble paying off fuel debts, you can arrange to pay them direct from your benefits.

Not found the answer you were looking for?

Please get in touch if you have any queries or complaints, and we will be happy to help you out with the information you need.